Please ensure you read our terms and conditions.
It’s good to know the fine detail!
Copyright, trademark and website content
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the material or content on our website belong to Eldon Insurance Services Limited. You can only download material from this website for your own use and to apply for our products. You won’t have any right, title or interest in any material you download.
You can’t use the material and content on our website in any other way. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transmit, download, frame, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create anything using this material, unless we give you permission in writing beforehand.
Our liability to you
We do all we can to make sure everything we publish on our website is accurate, but we don’t give any guarantees about the information on it. We disclaim any representations and warranties, unless they’ve been made fraudulently.
We’ve taken all reasonable steps to protect our website with antivirus software. But we can’t guarantee that our website will meet your needs or that:
- it will be timely, secure or error-free
- any defects will be corrected
- our website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or will allow the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials
We won’t be liable if you lose any content or material when uploading or transmitting it through our site.
We can’t guarantee that we can provide a particular product at any particular time or that a product will be available from day to day. We don’t accept liability for withdrawing any product or rejecting your application for a product for any reason.
Neither we nor any of our directors, agents or employees will be liable for damages arising from you using our website. This applies to damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss or damage to property and claims of third parties. However we may be liable if there’s a death or personal injury as a result of negligence on our part.
We don’t offer advice about the suitability of the products available on our website. It’s up to you to decide whether they’re suitable for you.
The information on our website may not include all of our products.
You promise to fully compensate us for any loss or damage resulting from claims, actions, liability, costs and expenses relating to your use of this site. This includes legal fees that result from you going against these terms or any other liabilities arising from you using our website.
We can change or withdraw (temporarily or permanently) our website or any part of it at any time without giving you notice. We won’t be liable to you in any way if we do this.
We may change these terms without telling you. We’ll publish any changes we make on our website, so please check from time to time to make sure you’ve seen the latest version of our terms. If you continue to use our website after we’ve posted changes to our terms, we’ll take it that you have accepted the revised terms.
We may refuse to process a transaction at any time and for any reason. We won’t be liable to you or any third party if we do this.
We may monitor information that’s sent to our website.
How we collect your information
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation and bank account details) when you get a quote and/ or apply for any of our products or services. We may get information directly from you or from a third party such as a credit reference agency. We’ll also collect information about you when you register to use the services on our website.
Depending on the product or service, the information you give may be classed as sensitive personal data. For example, we may need to ask you about your health or whether you have any convictions. We’ll use this information to help us administer your business and undertake business analysis. We won’t use it for marketing purposes, for example.
How we use the information we collect
We’ll hold your information on database systems and we may keep it in paper files where appropriate.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas to our Customer Facing Sales teams in South Africa. When this is needed information may be transferred to countries or territories around the world. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
This process is required to ensure that our Sales and Service Staff have access to any details of customers wishing to purchase via telephone.
Agents in our South Africa Office access data via Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services). This only allows the agent to view the data on a Server in the UK and not download anything to South Africa. Eldon Insurance Services Limited does not export any data to South Africa. From a security perspective Remote Desktop Services is a very secure service, as there is no physical computer to attack, to gain access to our systems. Here are the main uses:
- To give you a quotation
- To manage the services we offer you and to administer your records
- To improve and develop our products and services
- To respond to any questions you have about your policy
- To keep you informed about our products and those of other carefully selected organisations we think you’ll be interested in (unless you opt out of receiving this information)
How we share your information
We may share your information with third parties, for example with credit reference agencies. You’ll find more detail about this on the individual application forms and information request forms on our website.
Keeping your information secure
We look after your personal data by having security that’s appropriate for its nature and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
We don’t ask you for any more information than we need, and we don’t keep your information for any longer than we need to.
We take reasonable steps to keep your details up to date and accurate. Please bear in mind that we may hold on to your records after we’ve stopped our service to you. This is to make sure we have an effective audit trail and to comply with legislative requirements.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you rights, for example:
- You can access personal data we have about you by writing to Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7TQ.
- You can ask us in writing to stop or not start processing personal data if this is causing or likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress (unless it is allowed for by the Data Protection Act 1998).
- You can tell us not to use information about you for direct marketing. Direct marketing means any advertising or marketing material that’s sent to you. You can opt out of our direct marketing during the application process and at any time afterwards. We’ll continue to send you information as necessary to comply with legislation or regulations – for example, notice of our AGM, account statements, changes to account terms and conditions or interest rates and account maturity letters.
- You can write to us asking us to make sure that no decision we take (or that’s taken on our behalf) which significantly affects you is based only on the automated processing of your information to evaluate, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct.
>>LINK TO COOKIES PAGE
The information on our website applies to residents of the UK only. You’ll find more details about this in individual products.
We won’t be liable to you if we can’t carry out our obligations to you because of circumstances beyond our control.
If any part of these terms is found to be legally unenforceable, the other parts will be unaffected and will stay in force.
These terms are governed by the law of England and the courts for that part of the UK where you live. We’ll always communicate in English.
Information about GoSkippy
GoSkippy Insurance is a trading style of Eldon Insurance Services Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 477112). Registered in England and Wales (No. 6334001). Registered office: Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7TQ | Copyright 2015 Goskippy